Happy Sunday, friends! On this day of tragic remembrance in America’s history, I first want to share what Ruth Logan Herne said on Facebook a couple of hours ago.
“May we all share the smiles and voices of love that prevailed in the days following this tragedy, when we didn’t think politically. We thought with warmth and compassion and prayer. And may our prayers rise up like incense, before him…”
My friend Jane on Greenish Bookshelf tagged me in a post the other day on her blog and I thought it would be fun to save “my turn” for today’s book club discussion. The premise of the post is to describe yourself using 5 book characters. Start thinking of yours because I’m totally going to ask you!
Me in 5 characters:
- Hermione Granger from Harry Potter – Hermione and I are basically the same person. To the point that my husband, my brother, and my dad all texted me separately while they were reading the books – quoting parts of whichever book they were on at the time, quotes that described Hermione or something she said, with the added commentary of “You. Are. Hermione.” or “Does J.K. Rowling know you?”
- Alice Grace Ripley from Wonderland Creek – Like Alice, I was a bookworm in Northern Illinois whose parents “forced” her to move to Kentucky. And like Alice, it totally changed my life and I wouldn’t undo it for anything.
- Cinderella – not because my story is in any way like hers but because her story was the first romance I ever read (I was 3. Lol.) and as I’ve continued to read & collect various versions of Cinderella over the years, her story was the first to open my eyes to one of my personal passions – that all stories have their roots in The Story, God’s story of redemption and restoration.
- Emma – Unlike Jane Austen’s title character, I never was big on matchmaking BUT I did try to set up my best friend on dates on more than one occasion. Until the day I realized I was halfway in love with him myself…so I married my own Mr. Knightley 🙂
- Nancy Drew – because if there’s something to investigate or track down, I will not be thwarted!! Also, I’m a little nosy. LOL.
Ok, now it’s your turn! Describe YOURSELF in 5 characters – or at least one 🙂