I love this lady. Seriously. She is such fun to know – and a blessing to the heart, too.
Professional coffee drinker & ECPA/Publisher’s Weekly best-selling author, Jaime Jo Wright resides in the hills of Wisconsin writing spirited romantic suspense stained with the shadows of history. Coffee fuels her snarky personality. She lives in Neverland with her Cap’n Hook who stole her heart and will not give it back, their little fairy Tinkerbell, and a very mischievous Peter Pan. The foursome embark on scores of adventure that only make her fall more wildly in love with romance and intrigue.
Jaime lives in dreamland, exists in reality, and invites you to join her adventures at jaimejowright.com.
Her newest novella can be found in the Of Rags and Riches Romance Collection!
Love Flourishes during America’s Gilded Age
Journey along in nine historical romances with those who lives are transformed by the opulence, growth, and great changes taking place in America’s Gilded Age. Nine couples meet during these exhilarating times and work to build a future together through fighting for social reform, celebrating new opportunities for leisure activities, taking advantage of economic growth and new inventions, and more. Watch as these romances develop and legacies of faith and love are formed.
The Fisherman’s Nymph by Jaime Jo Wright – Flambeau River, Wisconsin, 1890
The reclusive daughter of a fly-fisherman guide must read the waters for a wealthy gentleman’s sport and send him back where he belongs before he hooks her heart and takes her away from the river she was born to love.
Jaime’s here today to tell us some little-known facts about herself – and to give away a copy of Of Rags and Riches Romance Collection. Stay tuned for details!
Ten Little-Known Facts about Jaime Jo Wright
1. I am a Little House on the Prairie junkie. I can tell you every episode, which season it’s in, how old Laura was when she changed from braids to a bun (and what episode it happened in), and also, name a gajillion sub-characters from various episodes.
2. I was home-schooled. All 12 years. Explains a lot, doesn’t it?
3. I love to travel but get ridiculously homesick when I do. It’s the weirdest conundrum known to me. I get the travel itch horribly and then when I leave, I usually cry myself to sleep at night, then get up to love seeing new things. While homesickness means home is still where my heart is, it hasn’t tied me down yet. I’ve been to: Thailand, China, Nepal, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Germany, England, and yes, Canada. Oh! And all but 8 of the 50 states.
4. I don’t like the color gray on walls. It makes me depressed. And yet, I have two rooms in my house painted gray, one of which, I actually chose gray as the primary color. Explain that.
5. I cannot turn the volume up on the TV and let it stop on an uneven number, unless it ends in “5”. They must be numbers divisible by 2 or exactly half of a sequence of 10. And no, I’m not OCD. This is like the only super particular anomaly that causes me undue stress.
Carrie: <laughing> I now have the urge to mess with the volume the next time I see you lol. (sorry.)
6. I’m adopted and I used to be almost convinced Harrison Ford was my birth father. I’m still not entirely sure that he isn’t. For no reason other than . . . Han Solo as my dad? Um. Hello!
7. When I was 12 I gave a boy a bloody nose because he was annoying me. It was when I first realized that physical violence may not be the best answer and instead, learned to resort to sarcasm.
8. I still plainly remember a pair of pink polyester pants my mom tried to dress me in for a photograph when I was six years old. I also remember flat out refusing until she let me put jeans on. Apparently, this is also when I was identified as a strong-willed child.
9. I talk to plants. Ok. I know it’s weird. But when I water my plants (inside or out), I talk to them like they’re real.
Carrie: My grandma always told me the reason her plants did well and mine all died is because I don’t talk nicely to them. 😉
10. I absolutely do not like spiders. I abhor them. They are spawn of everything evil. I would rather sit in a bathtub writhing with snakes, be dunked in a vat of water filled with leeches, or sit in an enclosed room with cockroaches. I scream at dead spiders, live spiders, black spiders, red spiders, fuzzy spiders, bald spiders, big spiders, little spiders, and the scream usually involves the words “OH SWEET MOSES IT’S A TARANTULA”. (even when it’s a tiny crab spider). I can’t even open a book if there’s a spider in it, and if anyone thinks it’s funny to post a spider pic/video to my FB wall after this, I will unfriend you. LOLOL!!!
Jaime is giving away a copy of the Of Rags and Riches Romance Collection to one of my readers (US only). This giveaway is subject to Reading Is My SuperPower’s giveaway policies which can be found here. Enter via the Rafflecopter form below.
What about you? What’s your favorite thing you learned about Jaime today?