Today marks another 52 First Line Friday posts here on RimSP, making a grand total of 104 weeks –
TWO YEARS worth of great first lines!
Birthdays are always a good reason to celebrate so, instead of giving you one first line….
…here are my ten fave first lines from the past two years of FLF (in no particular order)
1. My name is Adeline Baillard, and my life may end today.
2. It was a dark and stormy night.
3. Once upon a time is ne’er what it seems.
4. There is a distinct difference between a heroine with a promised happy ending and a prodigal who must design her own.
5. Stephanie regretted driving over the wedding cake.
6. We rarely know when death will come.
7. Heaven must smell like bread baking.
8. Death’s threshold overwhelmed me in a swell of instant silence and intense heat.
9. Cupid had gone on a rampage in Marietta, Montana.
10. PhD was not supposed to smell like this.
And here are the books that go with them but not in order (oops.)
Think you can match the book to the first line? 😉
(I’ll include the answers next week)
Every birthday party should have presents sooooooo……
I’m giving one of you a chance to win TWO books from all the books I’ve featured the past 2 years on FLF!
Leave a comment on this post (try matching the books to their first lines or just leave your first line!)
Open internationally, except where prohibited by law.
US winners can choose between print or digital.
International winner can receive digital OR a print copy IF chosen books can ship through Book Depository.
Subject to giveaway policies found here.
Ends 11:59PM May 11, 2018
Don’t forget to head over to Hoarding Books to see who else is participating!
If you’re a blogger or just a social media-er, we’d love for you to join us too!