Welcome to my stop on the blog tour & giveaway for Darkwater Secrets by Robin Caroll, hosted by JustRead Publicity Tours!
Title: Darkwater Secrets
Author: Robin Caroll
Publisher: Gilead Publishing
Release Date: July 17, 2018
Genre: Inspirational Romantic Suspense
A murder investigation uncovers sordid secrets and haunting mistakes
The Darkwater Inn stands tall and proud in the French Quarter, the hub of New Orleans. Bourbon Street is bustling, and General Manager Adelaide Fountaine has her hands full with a hotel at capacity. She, along with everyone else, is shocked when a body is found: a hotel guest stabbed with a kitchen knife.
Detective Beau Savoie, Adelaide’s childhood friend, is on the case. As Beau digs into the victim’s past, he unearths a shocking connection between Adelaide and the murdered guest. Beau is hurt that his friend—the woman he’s quietly loved for years—kept the truth from him. To make matters worse, the stress of the investigation has sent Adelaide right into the comforting arms of her coworker Dimitri. But Beau can’t press Adelaide too hard . . . he’s keeping secrets of his own.
Can Adelaide and Beau afford to hide from the truth with a killer on the loose?
Adelaide Fountaine manages The Darkwater Inn in the bustling hub of New Orleans – the French Quarter. Here’s a few fun facts about the setting so you’re prepared for your stay at The Darkwater Inn 😉
- The French Quarter is the oldest section of New Orleans.
- It was founded in 1718 by Jean-Baptiste Le Moyne de Bienville.
- New Orleans developed around this central square & the Quarter also known as Vieux Carré (“Old Square”)
- Its architectural style is a blend of Spanish, French, Creole and American styles.
- The French Quarter spans an area of 78-85 square blocks (depending on which data you consult).
- The New Orleans Athletic Club was established in 1872 and definitely has the Old World opulence vibe going on with chandeliers and marble for a gym. Tennessee Williams and Clark Gable worked out there, and you can too with a $20 day pass 🙂
- At Louis Armstrong Park, you can visit the birthplace of jazz as well as Congo Square, where slaves and free people of color gathered on Sundays during the 18th and 19th centuries to sing, dance, and market goods they had made.
- Bourbon Street is not named for the alcoholic beverage but rather the House of Bourbon, the French ruling family at the time of the French Quarter’s founding.
- Don’t leave the Quarter without stopping by St. Louis Cathedral in Jackson Square to see the original Louisiana Purchase!
- While you’re at it, head across Decatur Street from Jackson Square and grab some beignets from Café Du Monde. Stay for a bit in the open air café & keep an eye out for the motionless mime on a box and the carriages pulled by mules wearing flowerdy straw hats. And then, you know, grab a few more beignets just because YUM.
“I love boxing. I love Hallmark movies. I love fishing. I love scrapbooking. Nope, I’ve never fit into the boxes people have wanted to put me in.” ~Robin Caroll is definitely a contradiction, but one that beckons you to get to know her better.
Born and raised in Louisiana, Robin is a southerner through and through. Her passion has always been to tell stories to entertain others.
When she isn’t writing, Robin spends time with her husband of twenty-five-plus years, her three beautiful daughters and two handsome grandsons, and their character-filled pets at home—in the South, where else?
She serves the writing community as Executive Director/Conference Director for ACFW. Her twenty-five books have finaled/placed in such contests as the Carol Award, Holt Medallion, Daphne du Maurier, RT Reviewer’s Choice Award, Bookseller’s Best, and Book of the Year.
Enter for your chance to win:
- print copy of Darkwater Secrets
- your own key to the Darkwater Inn
- a soy-based, French Quarter candle
Enter via the Rafflecopter giveaway below. Giveaway will begin at midnight August 6, 2018 and last through 11:59pm August 13, 2018. US only. Winners will be notified within a week of close of the giveaway and given 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
Giveaway is subject to the policies found here.
Join Gilead Publishing, Robin Caroll, Colleen Coble, Cara Putman, Carrie Stuart Parks, and DiAnn Mills for a Darkwater Secrets Mystery Party – on Facebook, August 14, 7-9pm CST! Party giveaways open for 24 hours after the event, if you can’t attend for all the action!
What about you? Have you ever been to the French Quarter?