Have we all recovered from this weekend’s time change yet? No? Me either.
Today’s Top Ten Tuesday topic is one that simultaneously delights and frustrates me. Delights because I love talking about books I love…. frustrates because it means that I don’t have a sequel to these wonderful reads and in many cases there won’t ever be a sequel. Argh. lol. #bookwormproblems
1. All the Tea in China by Jane Orcutt – This is such a quirky, delightful Regency romance and was originally intended to be part of a series but unfortunately the author passed away before any more could be written. I’m still so sad about this!
2. Courting Morrow Little by Laura Frantz – Because you can never have too much of Red Shirt & Morrow ♥
3. Roses for Mama by Janette Oke – I love this book so much and would love a follow-up to all the main characters. It’s unlikely I’ll get one but a girl can dream!
4. Newlywed Games by Mary Davis – If you’ve followed my blog for a minute, you know how I have this book practically memorized, I’ve read it so many times. I’d love a sequel with Bruce’s brother Brock!
5. The Art of Losing Yourself by Katie Ganshert – I loved the way this book ended… but now I’d love a sequel too lol.
6. Shine Like the Dawn by Carrie Turansky – I said in my review that I would love to revisit Heatherton anytime the author is so inclined & I still would!
7. The Captive Heart by Michelle Griep – I was so disappointed to find out this was only a standalone because a) I LOVED IT and b) there were more characters whose stories I wanted to read. Pretty please, can we have a series??
8. Miles From Where We Started by Cynthia Ruchti – I have no idea what sort of sequel it should be (maybe they go on another road trip to take Judah to college?) but more time with these characters & another read from this author is never a bad plan 😉
9. How the Light Gets In by Jolina Petersheim – I can’t even tell you why it needs a sequel (because #spoilers) but once you read it, you’ll know why I neeeeeeeeeed a follow-up!
10. The Secrets of Paper and Ink by Lindsay Harrel – Because Ginny & Steven. And Joy needs a story too. Just saying. 😉
These two books need a sequel and guess what?!?
Both authors are currently working on one! YAY goes my readerly heart 🙂
What about you? What standalone novels do YOU think need a sequel?