I’m delighted to welcome Dana R. Lynn back to the blog today to share her playlist for Hidden in Amish Country, her 10th Love Inspired Suspense novel!! Congratulations, Dana!
HIDDEN IN AMISH COUNTRY
SERIES: Amish Country Justice #7
GENRE: Inspirational/Amish Romantic Suspense
PUBLISHER: Love Inspired Suspense
RELEASE DATE: October 1, 2019
Can she unlock her memories…so she can stay alive?
Find out in this Amish Country Justice page-turner
There’s a bull’s-eye on her back, and Englischer Sadie Standings can’t remember why…but she’s sure she can trust Amish widower Ben Mast. With the single dad’s help, she’ll hide in Amish country while trying to figure out why someone is after her. Because unless she uncovers the secrets of her past, both their lives will be forfeit.
dana r. lynn’s Playlist for hidden in amish country
Hello friends! I’m so happy to join you here today!
Thank you, Carrie, for this opportunity.
October was a fun milestone for me. My 10th book with Love Inspired Suspense released. It’s a bit surreal to think about where my publishing journey has taken me so far. This latest book, Hidden in Amish Country, was unusual in that Sadie, my heroine, had amnesia. She had no idea who was after her or why. My hero, Ben, is an Amish widower with an adorable son and a wounded spirit. It was so much fun writing their story.
When I write, certain songs call to me. While this is by no means an exhaustive list, I thought I would list some of the songs on my playlist for Hidden in Amish Country.
- Revelation Song by Kari Jobe: Actually, this song is on every playlist of mine. It really helps to focus me.
- Remember My Name by Randy Stonehill: Sadie has no memory. God knows her, though, and Ben is able teach her about faith through his actions.
- Praise You In The Storm by Casting Crowns: A killer is after them. Sadie and Ben have suffered so much, but still God is in control.
- Need You Now by Plumb: This song is an outpouring of pain, crying out to God.
- My Life Is In Your Hands by Kathy Troccoli
- You Say by Lauren Daigle: I love the emotion in this song.
- Titanic soundtrack: I always get chills listening to this music. It conveys so much sorrow, so much tension. It never fails to move me.
- Rise by Katy Perry: It’s not a Christian song, but the strength and determination in the lyrics combined with the melody are very evocative.
- Good Good Father by Chris Tomlinson: Ben is broken and his faith is bruised, but deep inside he always knows he’s a child of God.
- Reckless Love by Cory Asbury: Even though she forgets who she is, Sadie learns that God never abandoned her. Hidden in Amish Country shows her learning who she is again. Not only by regaining her memories, but also her identity as a beloved daughter of God.
These are just a few of the songs that resonate with me for this story. It’s always fun discovering what music will help me get into the heads and hearts of my characters.
Thank you for letting me spend time with you today.
Thank you, Dana! I see several of my faves on this list! Reckless Love makes me cry. every. time.
Dana R. Lynn grew up in Illinois. She met her husband at a wedding and told her parents she had met her future husband. Nineteen months later, they were married. Today, they live in rural Pennsylvania with their three teenaged children and enough pets to open a petting zoo. She is a teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing by day and writes stories of romance and danger at night. She loves engaging with readers and can be found on social media or contacted via her website www.danarlynn.com.
Dana R. Lynn is offering a print copy of Hidden in Amish Country to one of my readers! (US only; if winner is outside the US, an ebook will be sent instead. Void where prohibited by law or logistics.) This giveaway is subject to Reading Is My SuperPower’s giveaway policies which can be found here. Enter via the Rafflecopter form below.
What about you? What interests you most about Hidden in Amish Country? Which of the songs on Dana’s playlist do you already love?