today’s book: christmas confusion by christina sinisi
Christmas is only ONE WEEK AWAY (you are now cleared to panic) according to Google, BUT now ’tis the season when I start craving cozy Christmas reads. (Okay – I crave them all year round but now’s when I can get away with talking about them LOL) This year I’m continuing my annual blog series spotlighting new and recently-released Christmas reads, and I’m super excited! Christmas books make me happy!
So… snuggle in, grab your fave hot beverage and comfiest blanket, turn on some Christmas tunes and start your own bookish Christmas list! Oh… and did I mention there are GIVEAWAYS with EACH POST in this series??!! (Because authors are awesome!)
Today’s featured book is a second-chance romance with a dash of suspense + the author shares some things to do for Christmas in the Lowcountry (where the story is set)!
GENRE: Inspirational Contemporary Romance
PUBLISHER: Anaiah Press
RELEASE DATE: November 21, 2019
When Tiffany Marano’s high school sweetheart drove off to join the Marines and never looked back, she swore off men. Now, she’s content to teach at Summer Creek, South Carolina’s local elementary school, lead a Sunday school class, and spend weekends with her niece—until Nick Walsh suddenly reappears wearing a wedding ring and with a daughter in tow. Everything about Tiffany’s calm, quiet life is now one disordered mess.
Nick Walsh comes face to face with Tiffany after all these years, and sparks fly. But not the happy glittering kind, because each of them thinks the other responsible for their estrangement. Before they can work it out, though, Tiffany’s sister disappears. Left with custody of her niece and forced to work with new police detective Nick to find her sister, old feelings begin to resurface. As they start to unravel the truths that left them confused and apart for too long, Nick must learn to let go of his past. But can Tiffany let go of her fear and learn to trust that God isn’t the only one who won’t abandon her?
amazon affiliate link used
Also available to read for FREE with Kindle Unlimited
top ten things to do in the Lowcountry for Christmas
by Christina Sinisi, author of Christmas Confusion
Hello, “Reading is my SuperPower” Readers!
Thank you, so much, Carrie, for this opportunity to meet you and your readers (virtually) and to introduce you to my Christmas novella, Christmas Confusion.
Christmas Confusion is set in the Lowcountry of South Carolina, in particular the Charleston area. It’s not exactly a place you associate with Christmas, but you’d be mistaken—there’s so much to do! Another thing that I’ve learned is that my small publisher, Anaiah (Hebrew for God answers), can’t allow me to use real names for events and restaurants because of copyright issues. So, this following list includes events and places my main characters enjoy, but I had to change the names. [see the author’s Facebook Author page, Christina Sinisi—Author, for some of these real places and their fake names.]
Top Ten Things to do this year in the Lowcountry for Christmas:
10) I’m starting with events that are brand new since I can’t really rate them. But how cool, Summerville, South Carolina has opened their own Outdoor Ice Rink.
9) Holiday Parade of Boats, December 14, 2019—something else I want to attend, but haven’t been because we’ve always traveled for Christmas. This is our first year home and I want to do it all!
8) Tinsel Trot, November 23, 2019—held at Santee Canal Park, I’ve been doing this for several years. Our main character, Tiffany, might walk this, but she doesn’t run—too dangerous for someone prone to tripping and, besides, who has that much energy?
7) The Red Pepper—is a local restaurant, delicious Italian food, not particular to Christmas, but my department went there several years ago for our annual get together. I recommend getting together with colleagues or your sweetheart here. One of the main characters works here, or at least she did.
6) Bethany United Methodist Living Nativity—this is a must-go at least once in your lifetime if you live here. Maybe only once because the wait is long, but the live animals and the work that goes into the event are amazing (to be held December 6 and 7).
5) Summerville Main Street Christmas trees—Tiffany and Nick take Haley and Emma here, plus the town’s historical district is beautiful. Walk around the old streets of the town and picture these grand houses in yesteryear.
4) My local church’s Christmas Program—Grace Lutheran’s Children’s program and Christmas Cookie exchange will be held on December 8 at 4 pm. There’s nothing like your own church family—please share below what your church is doing for Christmas this year. And if you live in the area, feel free to join us at Grace!
3) The Russian Ballet’s Nutcracker to be held at the North Charleston Performing Arts Center on December 21—traditions like attending this performance every year make memories.
2) Time Well Spent—a traditional full tea at Christmas. The characters in my book don’t do this, but the ladies in my family and friends do, every year.
1) James Island Holiday Festival of Lights started on November 15 and goes to December 31—we drove through these every year when my children are little and it’s a tradition Nick and Tiffany just started, whether they knew it or not. Sometimes, traditions start by accident. It’s the decisions we make later that make those memories last.
So, there’s my list for local holiday happenings—what special events happen where you live? Or, even better, what traditions do you and your family share? I hope you enjoy Christmas Confusion and have a beautiful, Merry Christmas!
A member of American Christian Fiction Writers, Christina Sinisi writes stories about families, both the broken and blessed. Her works include a semi-finalist in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award contest and the American Title IV Contest where she appeared in the top ten in the Romantic Times magazine. By day, she is a psychology professor and lives in the LowCountry of South Carolina with her husband and two children and loves a good cooking challenge. Please visit her at Christina Sinisi-Author on Facebook and christinasinisi.com.
Christina Sinisi is offering one of my readers a signed copy of Christmas Confusion! (continental US only) This giveaway is subject to Reading Is My SuperPower’s giveaway policies which can be found here. Enter via the Rafflecopter form below.
What about you? What interests you most about Christmas Confusion? What special events happen where you live? Or, even better, what traditions do you and your family share?