It’s always such a treat for me to have Lynette Eason on the blog! I’ve been an avid fan of her books since long before I started reviewing & I’ve recruited my mom into a big fan too! (In fact, she’s ahead of me in reading Lynette’s Blue Justice series … a bit unfair, if you ask me, since she read my copy of the last book in the series before I did hahaha) Today she’s here to chat about her new novel Collateral Damage & she’s sharing some little-known facts about herself!
COLLATERAL DAMAGE by Lynette Eason
SERIES: Danger Never Sleeps
GENRE: Inspirational Romantic Suspense
RELEASE DATE: January 7, 2020
They thought they left the fight behind on the battlefield. But their greatest struggles are just beginning.
Honorably discharged from the Army after an explosion nearly killed her, former military psychiatrist Brooke Adams has set up shop to help others, but her days of helping military personnel are over. She’s got her own battles to fight from her time overseas, and she’s not equipped to take on more.
Former Army Special Ops Sergeant First Class Asher James could handle anything that war sent his way. The only thing that scares him now is sleep. As the shadows close in, the nightmares begin.
Finally convinced that he needs help, Asher makes an appointment with a counselor. When he arrives at her office, she isn’t there–but a dead body is. When it becomes clear that Brooke was the real target of the attack–and that her secrets go even deeper than his own–Asher vows to protect her no matter what.
little-known facts about me
by Lynette Eason – author of Collateral Damage
I chose to write about little known facts about me simply because I’m pretty familiar with the topic. Truthfully, I’m not sure there many little known facts about me, but I’ll give it a shot.
1. I wear hearing aids. Yep, I’m pretty deaf. I do a lot of speech reading.
2. I taught at a deaf school for many years before quitting to write full time. I really don’t miss teaching one bit. I do miss some of the kids. 🙂
3. I love the Miniature Eskimo Spitz breed and have a puppy named Sasha. She’s 10 months old and is a complete spaz! I had to put down my 14 year old buddy named Dash and it nearly broke my heart. My husband insisted I needed a new buddy and in March of this year, I brought Sasha home. She definitely keeps me company. I can’t take my eyes off of her! LOL.
4. I love to travel even though I can’t fly right now due to some vestibular issues going on.
5. I’m always terrified to write Book 1 in a new series. I actually resent the fact that I have to write about new characters! At least until I get about halfway through the story, then I love them. I know. I’m weird, but God is awesome. About a month before I had to turn the book, Collateral Damage in, God finally sent me the person I needed to critique my military stuff. Like planted him at the same conference where I was and allowed the topic of his profession to come up in conversation. He had the same job as my hero in the story. God bless Vincent Davis who let me pick his brain and get the military stuff right!
6. I’m a pretty awkward person. I’m so uncomfortable in crowded situations. I rarely know the right things to say and always feel like I’m putting my foot in my mouth when I open it!
7. One of my favorite places on earth is Nashville, Tennessee.
8. I LOVE country music!
9. If I could spend my day wandering through old houses taking pictures and imagining what life was like way back when, I would be a happy girl.
10. I’ve fallen in love with photography. I’ve found it’s a very creative outlet and I enjoy the freedom of forgetting about everything while I look for the perfect shot.
Lynette Eason is the bestselling author of Protecting Tanner Hollow, as well as the Blue Justice, Women of Justice, Deadly Reunions, Hidden Identity, and Elite Guardians series. She is the winner of three ACFW Carol Awards, the Selah Award, and the Inspirational Reader’s Choice Award, among others. She is a graduate of the University of South Carolina and has a master’s degree in education from Converse College. Eason lives in South Carolina with her husband and two children. Learn more at www.lynetteeason.com.
Revell is offering one of my readers a print copy of Collateral Damage! (US only) This giveaway is subject to Reading Is My SuperPower’s giveaway policies which can be found here. Enter via the Rafflecopter form below.
What about you? What interests you most about Collateral Damage and/or what’s one new thing you learned about Lynette Eason from her post?