Happy Tuesday! Today’s Top Ten Tuesday theme is the last few books that gave you a book hangover. I’m tweaking it just slightly to feature recent and memorable book hangovers I’ve experienced.
What IS a book hangover? Well, according to Epic Reads, a book hangover is the inability to start a new book because you’re still living in the last book’s world.
This of course also leads to definition #2 – the inability to function at work or school because you were up all night either unable to put down the book until you’d finished it OR unable to quit thinking about it once you did finish reading it. Or both.
EpicReads also indicates that you may also experience any or all of the following symptoms:
- A hollow, empty feeling in the chest
- Crying in minimal or excessive quantities
- Irrational anger at people who don’t understand your pain
- Repeatedly calling out the names of characters from the book in question
And I would also add:
- Staring mindlessly off into the distance, as you relive the book, emotion by emotion
- Hugging the book at random intervals
- Needing to wake your significant other or best friend or SOMEONE to discuss what just happened
- Feeling like you’re not sure what to do with the rest of your life (fortunately this effect is usually only temporary at best)
Here are some of my most recent & most memorable book hangovers:
(covers linked either to Amazon page or my review)
What about you? What are some recent or memorable book hangovers that you’ve experienced?