Please join me in welcoming Rosie Reed to the blog today to share some facts about herself and her books – and her paranormal cozy mystery Murder at Magic Cakes Cafe! Follow along with the Great Escapes tour HERE.
MURDER AT MAGIC CAKES CAFE
SERIES: English Village Witch Cozy #1
GENRE: Paranormal Cozy Mystery
RELEASE DATE: March 1, 2021
In a flash, she had magic. Can she use it to solve a mysterious death in her family?
Climbing a tree in a thunderstorm was always going to be a stupid idea, but when Evelyn Eldritch is struck by lightning, her magical powers are switched on. And she didn’t even know she was a witch!
When Evelyn learns that her biological mother has died under suspicious circumstances, she makes a journey to the quaint village of Maiden-Upon-Avon, where the residents consist of werewolves, witches, vampires and one annoyingly handsome-yet-gruff policeman. But who should she suspect? Who can she trust?
And if juggling her magical training, her mother’s café, and the town’s eccentric residents wasn’t enough, another body turning up at the local cricket match shows she’s definitely in well over her pointed hat…
Murder at Magic Cakes Café is the first book in the adorable English Village Witch Cozy series, set in the beautiful English countryside. If you love plucky heroines, small-town whodunits, and a touch of retro nostalgia, then you’ll love Rosie Reed’s fun and flirty tale.
affiliate links used
Also available to read for FREE with Kindle Unlimited
Ten Things You Should Know About Me!
by Rosie Reed, author of Murder at Magic Cakes Cafe
- I am quintessentially English – I’m a firm believer in tea, queuing, and apologising when someone walks into me!
- The most terrifying thing I’ve ever done was a stand-up comedy gig in front of 200 students. I still break out into a cold sweat just thinking about it!
- I’m not on social media. (I flounced off Facebook in 2017)
- I have a very British sense of humour. But please don’t let that put you off!
- My favourite film is The Life of Brian. (I love Monty Python. The Cheese Shop Sketch is comedy gold.)
- Easter is my best time of year. The combination of beautiful blossoms, longer days, and extra chocolate is my idea of heaven. And the whole summer is still ahead!
- I’m a glass half-full person. Even during the hardest times, I try to stay positive, whilst of course honouring whatever emotions arise.
- I love to listen to music. One of my favourite things to do is stick on Dark Side of the Moon and just lie there letting it fill me up. Sometimes I’m compelled to dance too!
- I’m a massive fan of the TV show Death in Paradise. My favourite detective was DI Mooney.
- I’ve travelled in India twice. I love yoga, meditation, and Bollywood movies (with subtitles!)
- I like to be a little unconventional!
about my books
All my books are paranormal cozy mysteries, involving various magical beings, as well as a few interesting humans. I will always take you on a little tour of the beautiful surroundings, season, or annual event as we go through the story, so you can get a feel for what life is like in an English country village.
Heat-wise, there is a little romantic tension between Evelyn and DI Alex Taylor, but never anything steamy. No swearing EVER – just the odd mild British curse word. It’s fun for me coming up with those, because I normally swear like a drunken sailor… no not really. Just a sober sailor. Not that I’m suggesting sailors swear a lot. Or drink a lot…
There will never be any graphic violence, because quite frankly, I’m very squeamish and I simply couldn’t write anything gory!
The murder mystery aspect of my books is always resolved by the end of the book, but the relationships with the people Evelyn meets in Maiden-Upon-Avon do get developed throughout the books. I want you to feel like you’re in safe hands with me, knowing you can have a little holiday in a lush English village, and the ‘controlled danger’ of a murder mystery will always result in justice.
Hopefully you will have a laugh along the way, but of course my so-called jokes might just be my sense of humour! (I know what you’re thinking – what sense of humour?)
what about you?
What do you expect from a paranormal cozy? What are your favourite books, TV shows, songs, and films? How do you cheer yourself up? What’s made you happy today?
I love writing, daydreaming, and creating stories. I often write for fun, even when I’m not planning on publishing. But it’s also wonderful to share my stories with you!
I’m a massive Agatha Christie and Terry Pratchett fan, so writing paranormal mystery comes instinctively! I love the understated gentle charm of cozies, and it’s always such a pleasure to spend time in the company of the wonderful sleuths and magical characters that my fellow authors create.
Writing the English Village Witch Cozy series helped to keep me sane during the very strange year of 2020. Evelyn and Alex have done a tremendous job of protecting my mental health, and it’s my pleasure to share this comfort with you.
If you sign up for my newsletter today, you can download a bonus FREE novella Merrie May Mayhem straight away! Just type this code into your web address bar: bit.ly/Rosiereed
Make sure to like & comment on this post and enter my monthly giveaway for THREE books of your choice from my duplicates stash! After you’ve liked & commented, claim your entries HERE.
What about you? What makes you want to read Murder at Magic Cakes Cafe by Rosie Reed? Per the author – What do you expect from a paranormal cozy? What are your favourite books, TV shows, songs, and films? How do you cheer yourself up? What’s made you happy today?