Welcome to the Blog + Review Tour for Night Watch by Susan Sleeman, hosted by JustRead Publicity Tours! I’m delighted to have Susan on the blog today – she’s sharing a recipe related to the book!
Series: Night Hawk Security #5
Author: Susan Sleeman
Publisher: Independently Published
Release Date: August 2021
Genre: Inspirational Romantic Suspense
Everything points to suicide or accidental death…
Underwater crime scene investigator, Kennedy Walker is shocked when her mother dies and the police rule her death a suicide or an accidental overdose. Her scientist-mother was on the verge of a scientific breakthrough, and Kennedy knows her mother would never end her life, but the detective won’t listen. Kennedy moves back to her hometown and commits to finding her mother’s killer and finishing her work.
And she must prove them wrong.
Kennedy digs deeper, garnering the killer’s focus, and he puts her in his cross-hairs. She can’t give up on such an important project, so she swallows down her unease over the tumultuous breakup with Erik Byrd in college and hires Nighthawk Security, not only to protect her, but to help find her mother’s killer. It takes only one look for both of them to know their feelings for each other haven’t gone away. With so many people counting on her to complete the project, giving in to old feelings is a distraction neither she or Erik can afford, and they both need to keep watch. Especially in the darkest hours of the night, when the killer comes out to play.
BOOKS IN THIS SERIES
In Night Watch, Erik Byrd’s mother cooks lunch. She makes the best food, wanting to spoil her family, and she serves one of my favorite summer lunch items, cold chicken salad. It can be served on lettuce, on bread, as a dip, or even just by itself. Couldn’t be more versatile and it’s super simple. Here’s the recipe. I hope you’ll try it on a hot summer day.
- 2 lbs cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts (or canned chicken drained)
- 1/2 cup diced dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced or chopped almonds
- 2 stalks of celery diced
- I cup Miracle Whip have tried mayonnaise but I don’t think it’s as good)
To poach fresh chicken
- Place the chicken breasts in a pot and cover with cold water.
- Add celery leaves and salt for seasoning.
- Turn the heat to medium until it reaches a gentle simmer. Cover the pan and let the chicken simmer until done. Remove the chicken and let it rest for a few minutes and then chill it.
- Dice the cooled chicken on a cutting board
- Dice the celery, dried cranberries, and almonds. (I use a small food processor for this)
- Mix everything together.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Serve on bread or lettuce leaves.
(1) winner will receive the first four ebooks in the Nighthawk Security series!
Be sure to check out each stop on the tour for more chances to win. Full tour schedule linked below. Giveaway began at midnight August 24, 2021 and lasts through 11:59 PM EST on August 31, 2021. Winner will be notified within 2 weeks of close of the giveaway and given 48 hours to respond or risk forfeiture of prize. US only. Void where prohibited by law or logistics.
Giveaway is subject to the policies found here.
This giveaway is hosted by JustRead Tours, not RimSP
Follow along at JustRead Tours for a full list of stops!
*NOTE: This post contains affiliate links.
What about you? What makes you want to read Night Watch by Susan Sleeman?