Welcome to the Blog + Review Tour for Right Here Waiting by Michelle Sass Aleckson presented by Susan May Warren, hosted by JustRead Publicity Tours! I’m delighted to have Michelle on the blog today to share the yummy recipe for her hero’s favorite dish!
RIGHT HERE WAITING
Series: Deep Haven Collection #6
Author: Michelle Sass Aleckson presented by Susan May Warren
Publisher: Sunrise Publishing
Release Date: November 9, 2021
Genre: Christian Contemporary Romance
She doesn’t belong in his world—but she’s determined to try.
Sled dog musher and outdoor adventurer Nick Dahlquist doesn’t mean to be a loner—he just feels at home in the woods, with his dogs, and online in his vlogging world, where he’s amassed nearly a million viewers. But he’s just a simple guy, with simple goals—care for his dogs, teach people how to survive the cold, and run the Iditarod. Unfortunately, life turns cold when his lead dog is injured, and he’s low on funds. Good thing he has LadyJHawk to chat with. She’s become an online friend he can turn to, and he’s starting to need her more than he’d like to admit. But the last thing he wants is for some random woman to show up on his doorstep…
Chopper pilot and Texas gal Jae Lynn Washington has been following Nick’s DogQuest videos and Get Lost in the Woods vlogs since she inherited her deceased boyfriend’s military working dog. Three years later, his online friendship has made her wonder if he could be more than a friend. What if she moved to Deep Haven? Would that be considered stalking, even if she got a bonafide job on the Crisis Response Team?
When Jae shows up in Deep Haven—and on Nick’s doorstep—he’s not at all the man she met online. And when Nick is tapped to train the team, he’s pretty sure petite, summer-loving Jae won’t last a moment in the brutal cold—a fear he pours out to LadyJHawk. As their training takes a personal turn, their chilly start begins to thaw. But what will happen if he discovers that Jae and LadyJHawk are one and the same?
When a blizzard strikes, and the CRT is called out into the storm, more than just their relationship is at risk…
Cozy up to this delightful twist on You’ve Got Mail set in the snowy escape of Deep Haven.
Books in This Series
by Michelle Sass Aleckson, author of Right Here Waiting
Food plays a special role in my book, Right Here Waiting. What do you expect where there’s pictures of adorable cookies on the cover and the hero comes from a long line of restaurateurs? So I thought I would share a special recipe that my own family enjoys and it happens to be the favorite dish of my hero, Nick Dahlquist, which he shares with newcomer to Deep Haven, Jae Lynn Washington.
I hope you’ll like it too. It’s the perfect comfort food for the cold weather setting in this story.
1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground pork
3 pieces of sandwich bread
½ c milk
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp white pepper (or black pepper is fine)
¼ tsp allspice
½ tsp granulated garlic
Optional: ½ c finely diced onions or 1 tsp granulated onion
1 pint heavy whipping cream
¼ c butter
¼ c flour
Salt and pepper to taste
- Spread out the three pieces of sandwich bread on a dinner plate and pour milk over them. If ½ c of milk doesn’t soak all the pieces add more until every bit of the bread is soaking in milk. Set the plate aside while you mix other ingredients.
- Add the ground meats, egg, spices, (and diced onion if used) to a large bowl.
- Add the soaked bread slices to the bowl and mix all together. I like to use my hands but if you’re squeamish I suppose a spoon would work too. 😉
- Roll scoops of the meat mixture into meatballs using about 2 Tablespoons of meat for each ball.
- Cook meatballs in a frying pan with butter until brown on all sides and cooked through. Depending on the size of your pan you may need to do this in batches or use two pans. Cast iron is great for this! (Optional: bake meatballs at 350 degrees in the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through.)
- Remove meatballs from the pan. Make a roux by stirring in ¼ c flour to the melted butter you cooked the meat in. (If there’s not much butter left add a tablespoon or two more.) Scrape all the yummy browned bits and make sure the flour is all mixed with the fat of the melted butter. Then add your cream and stir until it all comes to boil. Add the meatballs back in and serve this deliciousness over mashed potatoes, egg noodles, or rice.
Enjoy your taste of Deep Haven!
Do you have a favorite comfort food when it’s cold outside?
(1) winner will receive a $15 Amazon gift card + 3 Right Here Waiting ebooks
(one ebook for the winner and two to give to friends)!
Be sure to check out each stop on the tour for more chances to win. Full tour schedule linked below. Giveaway began at midnight November 9, 2021 and lasts through 11:59 PM EST on November 16, 2021. Winner will be notified within 2 weeks of close of the giveaway and given 48 hours to respond or risk forfeiture of prize. US only. Void where prohibited by law or logistics.
Giveaway is subject to the policies found here.
This giveaway is hosted by JustRead Tours, not RimSP
Follow along at JustRead Tours for a full list of stops!
What about you? What makes you want to read Right Here Waiting by Michelle Sass Aleckson? Do you have a favorite comfort food when it’s cold outside?
Sounds great, thank you.
Let us know if you try the recipe! 😉
Captivating and lovely story.
I’m so glad you enjoyed it, Anne!
Thank you for sharing your guest post and book details, I am looking forward to reading your book and to trying those meatballs.
Sounds like an interesting story.
I love chili and cornbread in the winter!
Would love to read this series…
This recipe looks fantastic! Thank you!
Thanks for the chance to win!
Thank you. Sounds good.
Cover looks great! Excerpt sounds interesting.
Sounds like a good read.
Thank you so much for sharing. God bless you.
Congrats on the new release, Susan and Michelle! Sounds like a delightful holiday read and I can’t wait to read it! Thanks for sharing it with me and have a magical holiday season!
I have enjoyed the other books! Can’t wait to read this one too!
This souinds like a terrific book.