Welcome to the Blog Tour for Operation Find a Guy by Amy R. Anguish, hosted by JustRead Publicity Tours! I’m excited to host Amy today as she talks about some ‘not normal’ dates her characters go on in Operation Find A Guy!
OPERATION FIND A GUY by Amy R. Anguish
SERIES: Roadtrip Romance #3
GENRE: Contemporary Christian Romance
PUBLISHER: Scrivenings Press
RELEASE DATE: June 13, 2023
Skye Jones has one goal for the summer—keep her father from taking away her convertible. That’s the only reason she’s agreed to work at her sister’s bridal shop in Boulder, Colorado. It will buy her some time to figure out if there’s a non-boring job out there. Why else would she have anything to do with weddings when she has no interest in marriage?
Benjamin Smith can’t quite figure out how he ended up a groomsman in two different weddings over the summer, but with his sister and a cousin both getting married, he’s spending a lot of time at Happily Ever After events. Falling for a blonde with no dreams of settling down wasn’t in his five-year plan, but the more he sees Skye, the more he wants to figure her out. But all she sees him as is a boring attorney and her complete opposite.
Romance was supposed to be for Skye’s friends. But Colorado might hold more than she knew she was looking for.
More Books in this Series
Not Your Normal Date
by Amy R. Anguish, author of Operation Find a Guy
What do you consider when thinking about a date? A movie? Dinner? A picnic? A play?
I’ve got to admit, my husband and I can get in a rut with our rare date nights, but we’ve grown to love dinner and a bookstore. Basically, because the bookstore is all the way on the other side of Nashville from us so it takes about an hour to get there. That means time in the car to just talk to each other without interruptions all the way there and all the way back, as well as dinner. Then, we can go to our separate favorite sections in the store and not feel guilty about leaving the other one to his own devices. 😉
So, maybe that’s not an ideal date for everyone, either.
Take my character Skye Jones, for instance. She is all about having fun and adventures. In fact, she’d rather not do the same thing too many times when it comes to dates, and definitely likes to take “normal” dates to a new level. Not sure what I’m talking about? Well, here are some of the top examples from my book, Operation Find a Job Guy.
- First date, they go for dinner. But they don’t just go pick a restaurant. Instead, they decide to catch the first people walking by with a takeout bag and go to whatever restaurant they went to. Good thing they both end up liking Indian food!
- Oh, and on the walk home, they swing by and take a selfie in front of the house where Mork and Mindy was filmed. After all, when in Boulder, you must see ALL the sites.
- How about a tour of a tea factory? Celestial Seasonings is just outside the city limits. Nothing says romance like a big whiff of fresh peppermint, right?
- Who doesn’t want to look their best on a date? Skye and Benjamin, actually, as well as their church friends. They hit up a thrift store and raid it for the most outlandish outfits possible. After donning their eclectic ware, they head out for Mexican. Could you eat while wearing something that made you look ridiculous?
- Date night in? Sounds relaxing. But Skye can’t do anything the normal way. First, a trip to Walmart. The name of the game is randomicity. They take turns walking down aisles for food and games until the other yells, “Stop!” Then, they have to pick something off the shelf from right in front of them. Strawberry soda and cauliflower mac n’ cheese, anyone? How about a bargain bin movie to go with it?
- Hiking is an activity I wish I did more—and should do, considering all the trails near me in Tennessee. Benjamin takes Skye up into the Rockies to really experience their glory. Best part? Well, have you ever had a snowball fight in July?
- Weddings are for dating, right? Okay, maybe not. But Benjamin needs a plus one and Skye fits the part. Only one problem. Now his family thinks they’re … well, more than she had planned.
- Back patios can be a fun spot in the summer, especially when strung with lights and including a firepit for s’mores and an outdoor screen for vintage TV viewing. Add in some comfy chairs just big enough for snuggling and it sounds perfect to me. Definitely a different way of staying home and watching television.
Some of those ideas might not be so off-the-wall, but they’re also not something my husband and I tend toward. I can definitely see them trying out a few more ideas I discovered on Pinterest in the future. Like the one where you flip a penny to decide which direction to take next while walking through the city. Could be fun …
What’s the least normal date you’ve ever been on? Do you love reading about dating ideas that are a bit outside the box? Do you ever try out a date you read about in a book?
Amy R Anguish grew up a preacher’s kid, and in spite of having lived in seven different states that are all south of the Mason Dixon line, she is not a football fan. Currently, she resides in Tennessee with her husband, daughter, and son, and usually a bossy cat or two. Amy has an English degree from Freed-Hardeman University that she intends to use to glorify God, and she wants her stories to show that while Christians face real struggles, it can still work out for good.
Connect with Amy by visiting abitofanguish.weebly.com to follow her on social media and sign up for newsletter updates.
(2) winners will receive a print copy of Operation Find a Guy by Amy R. Anguish!
(2) winners will receive an ebook copy of Operation Find a Guy by Amy R. Anguish!
Full tour schedule linked below. The giveaway begins at midnight June 12, 2023 and will last through 11:59 PM EST on July 19, 2023. Winner will be notified within 2 weeks of close of the giveaway and given 48 hours to respond or risk forfeiture of prize. US only. Void where prohibited by law or logistics.
Giveaway is subject to JustRead Publicity Tours Giveaway Policies.
This giveaway is hosted by JustRead Tours, not RimSP
Follow along at JustRead Tours for a full list of stops!
What about you? What makes you want to read Operation Find a Guy by Amy R. Anguish? What’s the least normal date you’ve ever been on? Do you love reading about dating ideas that are a bit outside the box? Do you ever try out a date you read about in a book?