Welcome to the Blog + Review Tour for His Christmas Cowgirl by Cari Lynn Webb, hosted by JustRead Publicity Tours! I’m delighted, as always, to have Cari stop by the blog today to share about her new book and her fave writing space!
HIS CHRISTMAS COWGIRL by Cari Lynn Webb
SERIES: Three Springs, Texas #5
GENRE: Contemporary Romance (Clean)
PUBLISHER: Harlequin Heartwarming
RELEASE DATE: October 24, 2023
Can she win the rodeo…
And his heart?
Cowgirl Vivian Bryant needs a winning horse to fulfill her rodeo champion dream, and equestrian trainer Josh Sloan agrees to help. But when Vivian fibs to her family that Josh is her boyfriend, their pretend relationship slowly evolves–while planning a Three Springs, Texas, gala together. She’s competing for a trophy that will secure their separate futures, but the real prize just might be finding love…at Christmas.
USA Today Bestselling Author
From Harlequin Heartwarming: Wholesome stories of love, compassion and belonging.
Other Books in This Series
my favorite writing space & deadline essentials
by Cari Lynn Webb, author of His Christmas Cowgirl
This post comes at an interesting time for me as we are preparing for a move to another state. And currently my office (and favorite writing space) is undergoing drastic changes. I have been instructed to declutter and depersonalize our entire house, my office included. As I explained to our real estate agent, everything in my office is there for a reason – yes, the sleeping dragon figurine is intentional. As is the whimsical golden Cinderella-inspired carriage and the vintage candle snuffers. Everything in my office inspires me, especially on the days when the words are hard to find.
Now, however, all those inspiring things are packed and safely stored away. I will admit to being slightly worried as I’m heading back on deadline in the next few days. That is not to say everything has been bubble-wrapped and placed into a box, waiting for their new office space.
And I thought I’d share a few of those things that are absolute must haves while I’m on deadline.
- My Minions. I have to admit that I’m a very big, long-time minion fan. Beyond being super cute and making me smile, my minions serve a very important purpose. As you can see from the picture, my minions sit in front of my computer monitor. Their position is intentional – they block the word count on my Word document. This is important because on the days when the words are hard to find, there is something even more derailing about watching the word count not move. So rather than stare at a non-progressing word count, I glance at my minions and find a smile rather than more stress.
- Scented Candles. I have a candle warmer that sits in my office. I pick a new scented candle for every book I write. When I walk into my office, I turn on the candle warmer and that specific scent fills my office. It is also a sort of prompt for my brain. It tells my brain that it is time to get writing and puts me in the right head space. Fortunately, the candle store changes their candle scents with the change of the seasons. And I’m able to find new scents for each book. I basically smell my way through the store until I find that scent that I can’t put down.
- My Noise-Canceling Headphones. These are key for keeping my brain from getting distracted. It isn’t my family that distracts – it’s my own self. If I hear someone in the kitchen or in another room, I have to know what they are up to. My headphones help smooth my curiosity into manageable. I have a playlist specifically for sad scenes and then upbeat playlists for other parts of the book. Country songs mostly fill those playlists. I like songs that tell a story and usually find those in country music. I also listen to a lot of classical music when I need to concentrate. Sometimes I’ve been known to sing along to the songs more than get words on the page.
- My Keeper Shelf. This shelf includes some of my favorite romance books of all time. I have every book written by Julie Garwood. The Secret and Ransom by Julie Garwood are two books I reread whenever I want to remember why I write romance. Those stories bring me back to my reason every time. I have other books by more of my favorite romance authors like Susan Elizabeth Philips, Rachel Gibson, JR Ward, and Sarah MacLean to name a few off the top of my head.
And I think I’ll close out this post with one more staple in my office – my dog, Bailey. Unfortunately, her favorite chair was sold a few days ago. But her bed is still there and the carpet in the hallway, where she can sit and watch me. She’s very patient when I explain a plot problem or character issue. And she’s a very good support when I’m awake late into the nights writing.
Thanks for joining me for a look into my favorite writing space. Now if I can find an inspiring office in our new house, I’ll be all set. In the meantime, the minions and I have a deadline to meet.
Wishing you all the very best holiday season!
Cari Lynn Webb
Cari Lynn Webb lives in South Carolina with her husband, daughters and assorted four-legged family members. She’s been blessed to see the power of true love in her grandparent’s 70 year marriage and her parent’s marriage of over 50 years. She knows love isn’t always sweet and perfect, it can be challenging, complicated and risky. But she believes happily-ever-afters are worth fighting for. She loves to connect with readers.
Connect with Cari by visiting carilynnwebb.com to follow her on social media and sign up for email updates.
(2) winners will win a $25 Amazon gift card and two backlist titles by Cari Lynn Webb!
Full tour schedule linked below. The giveaway begins at midnight November 8, 2023 and will last through 11:59 PM EST on November 15, 2023. Winner will be notified within 2 weeks of close of the giveaway and given 48 hours to respond or risk forfeiture of prize. US only. Void where prohibited by law or logistics.
Giveaway is subject to JustRead Publicity Tours Giveaway Policies.
This giveaway is hosted by JustRead Tours, not RimSP
Follow along at JustRead Tours for a full list of stops!
What about you? What makes you want to read His Christmas Cowgirl by Cari Lynn Webb?